About Me

My photo
My favorite memories have all centered around friends and family enjoying a meal together! It might have been a special holiday or a celebration, or it might have been dinner with friends at a great restaurant. I hope you will enjoy some of my favorite recipes and take time to fellowship with those seated at your table. You might make a memory to last forever!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Cake

Last night, I began the process of making my favorite Christmas cake...Layered Coconut Cake!  It is a simple recipe, but it takes a little extra time and love!  I like to make it a couple of days before I plan to serve it, the flavors intensify and it becomes so moist!  I very rarely say that I love a cake, but honestly, I can eat this Coconut Cake for breakfast, lunch and dinner!  Probably not good on the hips...but hey, it's the holidays!  I hope you will find time to bake this moist, delicious cake during the coming year...for a special celebration or just to make someone smile!

Layered Coconut Cake

1 box white or yellow cake mix
2 cups sugar
2 cups sour cream
2 cups coconut
16 oz. cool whip
Extra coconut for top of cake (optional)

Bake cake as directed on box, for two 8 or 9 inch round pans.  Cool completely.  Cut each cake in half, horizontally. Mix sugar, sour cream and coconut; fold in cool whip.  Spread coconut mixture between each layer and on the top and sides of cake.  Refrigerate overnight.

Hints:  I use dental floss to cut the cake layers.  Holding the floss on each end, start on one side and gently pull through to the other side!

I prefer to refrigerate this cake for a couple of days. (If I have time!)







No comments:

Post a Comment