About Me

My photo
My favorite memories have all centered around friends and family enjoying a meal together! It might have been a special holiday or a celebration, or it might have been dinner with friends at a great restaurant. I hope you will enjoy some of my favorite recipes and take time to fellowship with those seated at your table. You might make a memory to last forever!

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas and Candy...Great Memories

Do you like to make candy during the holidays?  When I was growing up, my Mother always made many different kinds of candy; filling every Christmas tin with delicious confections!  Today, she still makes the best fudge ever, along with other bite-size goodies!  Since she was treating us with the sugaring delights, I never had the need to learn to make candy!  However, I have tried many different recipes...very simple recipes, with success!  Be brave...try a new candy recipe this year to share with your loved ones!

This is a new recipe for me!  My favorite candy bar is, and always has been, a Butterfinger!  So, of course, I had to give this a try!  This homemade version really taste like a Butterfinger...and uses the most unusual ingredient...Candy Corn!

Butterfinger Candy

1 lb. candy corn
16oz jar peanut butter
16oz pkg. chocolate candy coating
    or 1 cup of chocolate chips plus 1 Tbl. shortening

Melt candy corn in microwave on high 1 minute. Stir and continue cooking in 15-second intervals til melted, stirring after each interval. Stir in peanut butter. Spread mixture in an 8x8 pan lined with parchment. Cool completely. Cut into squares. Dip in melted chocolate candy coating. Lay on waxed paper to set.

Tips:
 You may think Candy Corn will never melt!  Keep microwaving an stirring!
  Be sure to brush off any crumbs from candy pieces before dipping in chocolate!
      You will get crumbs in the chocolate.







No comments:

Post a Comment