About Me

My photo
My favorite memories have all centered around friends and family enjoying a meal together! It might have been a special holiday or a celebration, or it might have been dinner with friends at a great restaurant. I hope you will enjoy some of my favorite recipes and take time to fellowship with those seated at your table. You might make a memory to last forever!

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Easy as Pie!

When I first got married and moved to Auburn, Alabama, I purchased a cookbook from a well known sorority.  It has since then become my most treasured collection of recipes!  As a new bride and a rookie cook, I found many of their recipes designed just for me!  It didn't take long for us to decide on our favorite dessert...Fudge Pie!  It truly is...easy as pie!  It is best served warm with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice-cream!  To really impress your guests, drizzle with chocolate or carmel syrup and sprinkle with chopped nuts!

Fudge Pie

1/4 cup cocoa
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Dash of salt
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup melted butter
1 unbaked pie shell

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine cocoa, sugar, flour and salt in bowl.  Add eggs and butter; mix well. Pour into pie shell.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until set.


No comments:

Post a Comment