About Me

My photo
My favorite memories have all centered around friends and family enjoying a meal together! It might have been a special holiday or a celebration, or it might have been dinner with friends at a great restaurant. I hope you will enjoy some of my favorite recipes and take time to fellowship with those seated at your table. You might make a memory to last forever!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Last Minute "Christmas" Goodie

I hope all of you have had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!  Time has flown by, but it has been a wonderful and blessed season to rekindle with friends and framily. Our Christmas break didn't start until December 23 for teachers and kids, so I didn't have time to make all of the goodies that my family loves!  However, we do have two weeks after Christmas, which means we are still celebrating!  So, for a late Christmas treat, I made these addicting little treats!  One thing that I cannot resist is the combination of salty and sweet...salty crackers, peanut butter and white chocolate!  I think I'll go have one now!

White Chocolate Dipped Crackers

Ritz Crackers (appx. 2 sleeves)
Peanut Butter
1 Bag White Chocolate Chips
2 Tbl. shortening

(You can also use the white dipping chocolate (a.k.a. Almond Bark).

In the top half of a double boiler, pour baking chips and add shortening.  Keep water simmering on low.  As chips begin to melt, stir until smooth.  For dipping, you may remove the top bowl to counter surface.  If mixture begins to thicken, place bowl back over simmering water; stir til smooth.

Prepare peanut butter crackers.  Go easy on the peanut butter, it will squish out the sides of the crackers!

Dip each sandwiched cracker in white chocolate using a dinner fork; shaking excess off with the tines of the fork.  Place carefully on waxed paper or parchment paper!  Allow to cool for appx. 1 hour!  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment