About Me

My photo
My favorite memories have all centered around friends and family enjoying a meal together! It might have been a special holiday or a celebration, or it might have been dinner with friends at a great restaurant. I hope you will enjoy some of my favorite recipes and take time to fellowship with those seated at your table. You might make a memory to last forever!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Chocolate Craving

Have you ever had a chocolate craving?  Who am I kidding!  If you are reading this blog, you obviously enjoy cooking, and most likely, love desserts; preferably chocolate!  This afternoon I decided that I had that said craving; I was going to make a chocolate cake!  I didn't have a particular recipe in mind, as long as it had cocoa powder, chocolate chips, baking chocolate or chocolate syrup, etc. in the recipe!  I began to collect the basic ingredients for baking a cake; you know, flour, sugar, etc.  I went to the fridge to get the eggs...and...I remembered that I had fried the last one for breakfast!  I really did not want to go to the store for just one item...then I remembered reading a recipe for a chocolate cake that did not require eggs!  I searched online and found this recipe...oh my...it is so moist and chocolately!  And who would have thought that the magic ingredient would be vinegar!  Sounds weird...but let me tell you...it works!  Delicious!  There are many different kinds of chocolate frosting recipes...I chose to make a Chocolate Buttercream Frosting!  I hope you enjoy this rich, chocolate cake as much as I did!

"No Eggs" Chocolate Cake

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup cold water
1 tsp. white vinegar

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix all ingredients except vinegar in medium size mixing bowl.  Mix until smooth.  Add vinegar; stir again.  Pour into greased 8x8x2 pan.  Bake for appx. 20 minutes.  Cool completely before frosting.

Chocolate Buttercream Frosting

1/2 cup butter, softened
2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup milk

Cream butter until smooth;  add vanilla.  Gradually beat in powdered sugar and cocoa.  Add milk.  You may add more or less milk to get the consistency you prefer.  Frost cooled cake.





No comments:

Post a Comment