About Me

My photo
My favorite memories have all centered around friends and family enjoying a meal together! It might have been a special holiday or a celebration, or it might have been dinner with friends at a great restaurant. I hope you will enjoy some of my favorite recipes and take time to fellowship with those seated at your table. You might make a memory to last forever!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

What to Cook~~Make Dinner a Little Easier!

I  love to cook on the weekends!  Some people would say I am crazy, that weekends are for eating out!  You might ask why, why do all that work in the kitchen on your day off?  First of all, this gives me the opportunity to prepare all those dishes that require lots of time and love!  Some of my favorites are Three Cheese Lasagna, made with a homemade meat sauce; or a Beef Roast seared and slow cooked in my Le Creuset Dutch Oven.  Weekends also allow me and my hubby to spend time together in the kitchen; sipping a glass of wine while preparing a delicious meal!  Today, however, I did what I often do on a weekend.  I shopped at the grocer early to get the best deals in the meat department!  Fun, I know!  I came home with ground beef, chicken breasts and Italian Sausage.  Later in the day, I browned the ground beef and sausage to be used later in the week for spaghetti, saving time and a bigger mess to clean up before bed!  I cooked the chicken and stuck it in the freezer for a later use in a casserole, enchiladas, chicken salad, etc.  When I find chicken or ground beef on sale, I buy a large amount, cook and place in freezer bags according to the portion I need and freeze until ready to use.  It's a good idea to write the date on the bag.  It is best to prepare dinner with this meat within a 4 to 6 weeks.  I hope you will give this a try!  I love knowing that I have a start on the weeks meals which will make dinner time a little easier! 

No comments:

Post a Comment