About Me

My photo
My favorite memories have all centered around friends and family enjoying a meal together! It might have been a special holiday or a celebration, or it might have been dinner with friends at a great restaurant. I hope you will enjoy some of my favorite recipes and take time to fellowship with those seated at your table. You might make a memory to last forever!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Creamy Potato Salad

This recipe came from my Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. I'm sure you have one; the one with the red and white checkered cover that every new bride gets at her shower! I have used this "tried and true" recipe for many years, and it is always a picnic favorite! Enjoy and share with others!



Creamy Potato Salad

6 medium potatoes (2 lbs.)cubed
1/2 c. finely chopped onion
1/3 c. chopped sweet pickles
1 1/4 c. mayonnaise or salad dressing
2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. celery seed
2 tsp. vinegar
2 tsp. prepared yellow mustard
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 boiled eggs, chopped

Cook potatoes 20-25 minutes, or until tender. Drain and transfer to large bowl; cool completely. Stir together all remaining ingredients, except eggs. Add mayonnaise mixture to cooled potatoes; toss lightly to coat. Carefully fold in chopped eggs. Cover and chill thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment