About Me

My photo
My favorite memories have all centered around friends and family enjoying a meal together! It might have been a special holiday or a celebration, or it might have been dinner with friends at a great restaurant. I hope you will enjoy some of my favorite recipes and take time to fellowship with those seated at your table. You might make a memory to last forever!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mom's Peach Cobbler



I decided late this evening that I wanted something sweet and fruity for dessert!  It's never too late for Peach Cobbler and I had everything I needed to make it!  This is a recipe that many Mom's have made over the years, it is so simple and quick to put together!  It is also a great dessert for those without a lot of experience in the kitchen.  It was the first cobbler I ever baked and I'm still using the same recipe today!  Of course, it is even better with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream or a dollop of fresh whipped cream!  Enjoy and share with a loved one!

Mom's Peach Cobbler

1 stick of butter
1 c. self-rising flour
1 c sugar
1 cup of milk
1 large can of peaches, drained

Preheat oven to 350.  Place butter in a shallow baking dish; put dish in the oven and allow butter to melt.

Mix together flour, sugar and milk until there are no more lumps in batter.  Very carefully pour batter over butter in baking dish.  Do not stir!  Place peaches evenly over batter.  Again, do not stir!  Bake in 350 degree, preheated oven, for 45 minutes to 1 hour.  The batter will cook up and over fruit and become slightly browned and crispy around the edges.  Serve with vanilla ice-cream or whipped cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment