About Me

My photo
My favorite memories have all centered around friends and family enjoying a meal together! It might have been a special holiday or a celebration, or it might have been dinner with friends at a great restaurant. I hope you will enjoy some of my favorite recipes and take time to fellowship with those seated at your table. You might make a memory to last forever!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What's For Dinner?

What's for dinner is always the question after work!  There are always a few staples that I have on hand...ground meat, taco seasoning and cheese!  There are so many things to make with those ingredients...and who doesn't love tacos?!  I recently read a recipe that used a pizza crust to make something called "Trash Pizza"...which means you use any left over ingredients that you might have to make a pizza!  But, it is not an ordinary pizza...it is a pizza roll!  Fun and something different!  So, I thought, why not make a Taco Pizza Roll!  I have all the ingredients and it doesn't seem too hard!  The hardest thing for me is rolling out the crust...I'm not a pizza maker!  The fun thing about a "Trash Pizza Roll" is that you can use any meat, any sauce and any cheese you like!  I hope you will give this recipe a try, but also change it up a bit and have fun!

Trash Pizza Roll

Pizza Crust (I used a package mix, but the refrigerated roll is great!)
Ground meat seasoned with Taco Seasoning
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 to 1 cup sour cream
Taco Sauce
Shredded Cheese (Monterey Jack or Cheddar)
Sauteed onions (optional)
Jalapeno Peppers (optional)
Salsa (optional)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brown meat and season with taco seasoning. Combine cream cheese and sour cream; mix until smooth.  Add taco sauce to taste. Roll pizza crust into a rectangle on greased, wax paper. Spread cream cheese mixture on crust; top with seasoned meat. Add onions and peppers, if desired. Top all with shredded cheese; the amount is to your liking!

Start with long side of dough and begin to roll, jelly roll fashion, guiding with waxed paper.  Continue to roll, very gently. Carefully transfer pizza roll to a greased pan, using the waxed paper to aid in moving it; placing it seam side down.  Bake in 400 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.  Allow to cool slightly before serving.  Serve with sour cream and salsa, if desired.

(This recipe was created by me, to please my family's taste!  Feel free to adjust any, or all, of the ingredients to please you and your family.)








No comments:

Post a Comment