About Me

My photo
My favorite memories have all centered around friends and family enjoying a meal together! It might have been a special holiday or a celebration, or it might have been dinner with friends at a great restaurant. I hope you will enjoy some of my favorite recipes and take time to fellowship with those seated at your table. You might make a memory to last forever!

Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Favorite Side Dish

I'm ready to start sharing some of my Christmas recipes...desserts, appetizers, drinks, etc.  But first, I have to share this casserole recipe with you.  It's a very popular broccoli casserole that many of you remember your mom making, or maybe you serve it to your family now!  This dish is requested my many and always prepared by my niece for our holiday dinners!  My boys rave about this casserole, so I decided to give it a try this evening.  It is rich and cheesy and delicious, but not the same as when Regan makes it!

Broccoli Casserole
    (Revised recipe of Paula Deen)

2 (10 oz.) packages frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup grated sharp cheddar
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups crushed Ritz crackers
2 Tbl. butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with vegetable oil cooking spray.

In large mixing bowl, combine broccoli, mayonnaise, cheese, soup and eggs.  Mix well and spoon into prepared dish.  Combine crackers with butter until all crumbs are coated.  Bake for 35 minutes or until set and browned.

(I used 2 cups of cheese and I added more butter to the cracker crumbs.  I also added salt and pepper.)

You can also add sauteed onions or mushrooms.  Add shredded chicken to make a complete meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment