About Me

My photo
My favorite memories have all centered around friends and family enjoying a meal together! It might have been a special holiday or a celebration, or it might have been dinner with friends at a great restaurant. I hope you will enjoy some of my favorite recipes and take time to fellowship with those seated at your table. You might make a memory to last forever!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Pimento Cheese



Homemade Pimento Cheese spread makes a great snack for tailgating, parties, picnics and even a light lunch!  It can be served with crackers, raw veggies or as a delicious sandwich!  If eaten as a sandwich, there is one thing that is a must for me...only very fresh white bread; and of course, I must have Lay's Potato Chips on the side!  The Pimento Cheese Sandwich  is famous for being served at The Masters Golf Tournament!  I have eaten at diners that serve a Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwich, can you imagine! There are 3 basic ingredients in southern Pimento Cheese...mayo, cheese and of course, pimentos!  I have always used Cheddar Cheese until I spotted Shredded Velveeta at my local grocer!  It gives the Pimento Cheese a very smooth and creamy texture!  I hope you enjoy this snack and share at your next party!

Pimento Cheese

3/4 cup Mayo
2 cups shredded cheese
1 4 oz. jar chopped Pimentos

Mix together and chill at least an hour or so.  Overnight is even better, if you can wait that long!

No comments:

Post a Comment