About Me

My photo
My favorite memories have all centered around friends and family enjoying a meal together! It might have been a special holiday or a celebration, or it might have been dinner with friends at a great restaurant. I hope you will enjoy some of my favorite recipes and take time to fellowship with those seated at your table. You might make a memory to last forever!

Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Famous Rotel Dip!

                                                              
This Cheese Dip, mostly known as Rotel Dip, is probably the only snack that is served nation wide, using the same basic ingredients!  It is a must have during football season...for tailgating or watching the game on TV!  My family doesn't have to be specific when requesting this favorite dip...it is the only "cheese" dip ever served!

As I was doing my grocery shopping today, I found a new type of Velveeta, Queso Blanco, a white version of  the original Velveeta. The guys couldn't really taste a difference, but I liked the smoother and milder taste.

Everyone knows the traditional recipe:

1 can Rotel Tomatoes
1 lb. (1/2 large block) of Velveeta Cheese

Directions:  Cut cheese into small chunks; combine with tomatoes.  Cook until completely melted.
(I have found that the best method for melting the cheese is using a double boiler.  Of course, when my kids make it on their own, they use the microwave!)  Serve with your favorite tortilla chips!


I am happy with the traditional Rotel Dip, but often times I change it up a bit by adding other ingredients.

~  Browned and drained breakfast sausage
~  Leftover taco meat     
~ 1 can of chili (no beans)
~ 1 pkg. frozen spinach, thawed and well drained and 1 8 oz. cream cheese
~ Sauteed onions and 1 large can of green chilis 

Enjoy football season and share this great cheese dip with friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment